Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Sunday 31 March 2013

Renewal - Spring is officially here

It doesn't really feel like it in the UK at the moment.  We are in a cold snap and last I heard April was supposed to be cold as well.  I have to admit that I have become so used to the cold that warm weather is becoming a dim and distant memory.

The clocks went forward at 2am for the beginning of British Summer Time so the evenings are going to be longer, and for a short time the mornings will seem a bit darker, but only if you are up early enough to notice, that is.  For me it is the start of the two weeks of the Easter holidays which means no work.  For the first time in several years I haven't booked to go anywhere for this week and I am rather chuffed with myself that I have started the promised clear up and sort out in my house.  I have recently bought some new curtains which have been hung, though one pair needs to be shortened because it is an odd length window.  I have cut one side and hung it up so it can drop a bit, but I can't be bothered to take the other one down today to start altering it.

I have opened up some of the things I had for my birthday last month and I am certainly going to make use of the 'To Do List' pad.  The pages can be hung on your door handle so I can make a list and put it on the door so I can see it before I leave.  So much easier to leave it behind that way, and be reminded of this when I shut the door when I get home.  Handily, of course, it will be there for me to miss the next day as well.  Brain = sieve.

Happy as I am to have made a start it is scary how much there is yet to do.  As much as I want to de-clutter my life this comes in direct conflict with the instinct to keep something because it might be useful one day ... because it can still have use; still have a purpose.  At least recycling is a God-send in this because it helps to ease my conscience at getting rid of things.  I do try to resist the temptation to palm things off on other people though?  After all what if they don't recycle something that can actually be used again?  What if they just chuck it away?  It isn't the value of the item, it is its innate usefulness that has to be kept in mind.  Well that and the fact that as soon as you get rid of something you need it again!  Karma?

Talking of Karma, I have been following Deepak Chopra's 21-Day Meditation Challenge which started on 11 March.  I have to admit to having missed a few days, so I am lagging behind a bit and have about 4 days to catch up with but I have enjoyed it.  Perfect Health may be the theme, but this is an elusive thing for so many of us.  I like to think that my mind and spirit has become healthier since my body developed cancer.  This may sound like a contradiction but health is so much more than having a buff body.  I never had that even as a small child but I do finally think I have found some peace and contentment.

Oh, if anyone is interested in Metastatic Breast Cancer Advocacy I have started a little website for those who don't want to go on facebook http://imbcagroup.wix.com/advocacy# so check it out, especially the event happening on 15 April on the steps of the Supreme Court in Washington DC.  Just follow the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment