Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Saturday 22 June 2013

3.30am ... can't sleep, again

In the wee small hours of the morning, when the whole wide world is fast asleep ... I lie awake wondering why that sounds so nice as a lyric to a song, when the truth is ... what the hell do I do until I am tired enough to go back to sleep?

I am in a bit of a pattern of waking about 3am until about 5am and then going back to sleep for a few hours.  At least I now don't have to get up to go to work by 8.30 as I now start work at 2pm, but I am finding it difficult to tell what time of day it is, and what day of the week it is as well.  My hours of work were changed and the number of hours I work was cut in the reorganisation of my part of the College.  Working in Education has its advantages, even for the Minions in the Support Staff, because I only have to work during term time but this reorganisation has left me feeling pretty side-lined partly because I feel disconnected with what is going on in the rest of the place.

What to do about not being able to sleep right now?  I live in a terraced house so I can't do some sewing on my machine in case I wake up the baby next door.  Experience tells me that Teddy Bears are not great conversationalists at this time in the morning.  I am actually too tired to read, but not tired enough to sleep.  Actually, does any of this make sense?  Am I rambling?

There was a time I could sleep well all night.  Now I toss and turn trying to get comfortable.  I have gone back to having the radio on low so that it distracts my thoughts just enough to get to sleep.

I think I have bored myself enough and I need to get back to bed and sleep.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment